Thursday, November 30, 2006

You can judge a man by the company he keeps

I have to say that I admired Murkowski's willingness to do what he thought was right.
And you can judge a man by the company he keeps.

My niece Gracie had the opportunity to meet the Governor at a picnic in Wasilla. My sister told me the story of his interaction with my niece. From what was told to me by my sister, he is a good man.

The first lady sat for some time with my sister just talking. And from that, I would say that a good man is supported by a good woman.

I liked Murkowski, but I disagreed with him on how he handled his administration and on certain issues. Sometimes, the messenger can kill a good message. And I believe that is what Governor Murkowski did.

He was a Senator, not a Governor and as such, was a victim of his own actions. And unfortunately, the media capitalized on it. He became an easy target.

But for me in the end, I judge him by the company he kept. And for the short moment at the picnic, he was in good company. And he is certainly a good man.

That is what is important.

No comments: