Sunday, September 07, 2008

Basketball Jones Obama now wants to take on Palin on the court

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080907/pl_afp/usvoteobamapalinbasketball_080907163506

Obama, 47, who blows off steam on the campaign trail with games of pickup hoops, however joked that he wouldn't take on the Alaska governor -- and experienced hunter -- with a gun.

"She looks like she's got some game, she played in high school," Obama said of Palin's basketball talents on ABC "This Week."

"You know, I know she's a sharpshooter, and I know that -- I probably wouldn't do target practice with her.

"I think she'd be a better shot than me. But on the basketball court, I think I'd stand up pretty well."

Palin, 44, earned the nickname "Sarah Barracuda" for her fiery performances on her high school basketball team. She styles herself as a "hockey mom" and also says she enjoys moose hunting in her native state.



Somehow I get the feeling that if Obama played Palin on the Court, the trash talk that Obama heard when doing his "community service" would get a little bit tougher.

The headlines that might come out on the one on one match might read like this "Obama wants his Mama."

No comments: