Friday, January 15, 2010

The Start of a Revolution: Arizona and Nevada

When I was a kid growing up, my mother was deeply involved in politics and the Democratic Party.

The first time she had entered politics, she ran as a precinct delegate. And I remember my friends and I passing out her flyer to prospective voters.

The final count when it was said and done; my mother won against an opponent who was heavily endorsed by the union.

So when I read this article, I smiled....

The U.S. Tea Party movement is trying to take over the Republican Party precinct by precinct, party activists said.

The recently formed National Precinct Alliance aims to get Tea Partiers to become Republican precinct leaders, The New York Times reported. The alliance says it already has coordinators in most states and has increased the number of conservative Republican committee members in Nevada and Arizona.


That is how the Democrats have done it for years.... It starts with the precinct delegates....

No comments: